Peptides are chains of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins. These chains are not technically considered proteins; more than 50 amino acids must be linked in order to be considered a protein. This therapy is based on the science of how peptides influence other cells by binding to receptors on the cell surface. Some peptides are produced naturally in the body, while others are synthesized in a laboratory.
What are some of the most commonly used peptides?
These peptides all function in a similar manner to boost growth hormone production in your body.
For our purposes here, we will mostly discuss Sermorelin as it is the most commonly used and studied. Human Growth Hormone (HGH) peaks at about age 20 and steadily declines as we age. Some people even use HGH as a powerful anti-aging tool. Unfortunately, HGH is extremely expensive and has significant risks with long-term use.
As an alternative, the team at Paradigm Hormones prefers peptide therapy with Growth Hormone Releasing Factors such as Sermorelin. When used alone or in conjunction with other peptides, Sermorelin can boost your own HGH levels helping to slow the process of aging so that you can live your best life. Sermorelin is not only much less expensive than HGH but it is much safer as well. Sermorelin and similar peptides stimulate the production and release of HGH from your pituitary gland.
What can Sermorelin do for you?
- Weight: Sermorelin can help to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight. When combined with exercise, Sermorelin can improve lean muscle mass and help your body burn fat more efficiently.
- Sleep: Sermorelin can help restore a normal sleep cycle. Abnormal sleep can completely disrupt your life with poor mental function, fatigue, mood changes and abnormal weight gain.
- Athletic Recovery or Injury: Sermorelin has been shown to speed up and improve recovery from athletic performance or injury so that you can get back out there faster.
- Improved Stamina: increased exercise tolerance and less requirement for rest
- Surgical or injury healing: Sermorelin has even been shown to improve healing after surgery, especially with surgeries involving bone, ligament, tendon and muscle.
- Anti-Aging: Sermorelin can make skin appear firmer or tighter and improve muscle fullness for a more youthful appearance and lifestyle